A surfboard exhibition celebrating the old & new, here & now.
Beyond its primary function as a wave-craft the surfboard is also a tangible totem of history and a great catalyst for conversation. If you want to share your board stories, learn a little more about the evolution of design and ogle at some of surfing culture’s finest fibreglass creations get down to the Deus Surf Swap 10 featuring ‘Communing With Twin Fins - A surfboard exhibition celebrating the old & the new in the here & now'. It happens this Sunday October 2nd at the Bondi Pavilion from 9am. The 2015 event was a huge success and this year’s roll out looks even better. Make sure you bring one of your classic boards with you.
The event will feature:
• Pre-1990 vintage surfboards for sale on the ‘wall of joy’. Bring down your old boards and sell them.
• Live shaping in the Deus shipping container. Watch masters at work.
• Appraisals. Antiques roadshow style valuations.
• Live bands.
• Twin fin demo. Watch the pro’s surf some new and vintage twin fins.
• Great food.
• Retro skate comp. Enter and show us your 70s street skating moves.
• Outdoor bar.
• World premier featuring Ozzie Wright and Craig Anderson in the desert with a bunch of vintage twin fins.
• Film clips and Q&A’s with some of Australia’s best shapers including Simon Jones from Morning of The Earth surfboards Hayden Cox and Gary McNeil.